System Design and Prototype Development
To meet the high and often contradictory requirements regarding reliability, availability, efficiency, power density, and system-costs an integrated system design, incorporating mechanical, electrical, and thermal design aspects, is essential. Prototypes are mandatory for a qualified engineering assessment of the performance in an early phase of the design process, too.
We offer a complete prototyping process chain from 3D construction to assembly of first small batch series. This includes designs close to series production based on available industrial components as well as proof-of-concept studies involving experimental parts and assembly technologies. In cooperation with our in-house technology experts, we can offer prototyping services starting at bare-die level.
Development of Gate Drivers and Monitoring Electronics
The control of power semiconductors requires detailed knowledge of the power circuit. Highly dynamic signals must be measured and evaluated. Different kind of current sensors are used, also the measurement of high voltage poses a challenge. The controlling of high power devices must be carefully adapted to the selected component in order to ensure an optimum regarding robustness, losses, and EMI. We provide the development of control and monitoring electronics.
Failure Analyses and Design Reviews
We perform design reviews in all stages of development. This includes a general view, e.g., assessment of potential sources of failure at system, circuit, and production level. We offer analysis of field rejections and review of possible breakdown scenarios based on decades of experience in power electronics system design.
Component and System Characterization
We can provide many years of experience in reliable characterization measurements for industrial customers. Our test capabilities comprise, among others:
- Analysis of high-energy failure scenarios (with high-speed camera system and current sensors up to 800 kA)
- Thermal characterization (Zth, lock-in thermography, thermostats and climate chambers from ‑60°C up to 300°C)
- Lifetime and reliability tests (active and passive temperature cycling, HALT, electrical stress, vibration)
- Partial discharge measurements (IEC 60270)
- Static and dynamic characterization of power semiconductors (semi-automatic test benches for fine-meshed and reproducible characterization of the switching behavior throughout the entire operating range (up to 6500 V and 6 kA))